Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Google Game: Me v. She

"I took a breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am, I am, I am."

-Sylvia Plath

While visiting at my friend Suzanne's blog this week, "Suzanne R's Life," I found this little meme/game. You know much I enjoy a good meme/game so I thought I would give it a whirl. Here's what you do. Hop on over to Google search, put in your name, followed by the word, "needs." Then, take the first ten sentences that make sense, and write them in your journal/blog. LOL. It was so much fun, it had me laughing in no time. Here's mine...

1. Carly needs to go on vacation.
(This was a reference to carly Fiorina, formerly of Hewlett Packard)

2. Carly needs to be institutionalized. Ric tells Sonny. (In reference to Carly Corinthos, a character on General Hospital.)

3. Carly needs professional help. (Carly Corinthos)

4. Carly needs to be locked up and the key thrown away! (Carly Corinthos)

5. Carly needs someone to turn to when she has problems, and Jack is just the person to help her because deep down, in his heart, he still loves her. (Who the heck is Jack?) LOL.

6. Carly needs to be on her own for a while. (Finally, a Carly from a different soap opera, As The World Turns)

7. Carly needs to meet someone special. (An ad from the San Francisco classifieds)

8. Carly needs to stop screwing up her life. (Carly Corinthos)

9. Carly belongs with Sonny. (I don't know, she's good with Jax also) LOL.

10. Carly needs to be in Port Charles. (Carly Corinthos) LOL.

Well, it seems my first name is most often related to one soap character or another, lol, I suppose I should be glad that it isn't most often linked back to folks who think I am the worst person on the Internet. LOL. Or someone who thinks I am an awful writer or photographer. LOL. And while my life has been a bit of a daytime drama in the past, things at the moment are blissfully normal. :) Now Carly Corinthos on the other hand has married to two different Mob bosses, switched the DNA on not just one, but two paternity results, seduced her stepfather, faked her own death, and was once kidnapped by not just one ,but two of Port Charles's bad guys...and lived to tell the tale with perfect hair! LOL. She's a blond, I'm a brunette, she is tall, I am short, she went nuts...and so did I. Hey, maybe life is a lot closer to fiction then we think. LOL. Tune into General Hospital, Monday thru Friday on ABC. :)

-OndineMonet
"Me v She"

Note: If you decide to play along, be sure to come back here and leave me a link to your entry! :) Be sure to go and read Suzanne's entry, which can be found here.

6 comments:

sunflowerkat said...

I'd just go with that first one and take a vacation....Carly Fiorina style!

Suzanne R said...

LOL! Fun stuff! I will be posting a new wrinkle based on this meme today. I used to watch General Hospital all the time. It's nice to catch up on what is going on there through this entry! LOL!

DesLily said...

o key dough key... i posted my meme here:
http://dontletrealityspoilyourdreams.blogspot.com/



(Carly on the soaps is into everything isn't she?! lol)

Carly said...

LOL

So is Carly of the blogs! But shhh...don't tell anyone I told you! LOL

Karen Funk Blocher said...

It's interesting how it works when you share a name with someone specific(real or fictional) that a lot of people are writing about. Mine had a few references to some character on something, but mostly it was other bloggers named Karen doing that same meme, plus a researcher into "neurotic needs."


http://mavarin.livejournal.com/40023.html

And check out a similar "Googlism" one, that answers the musical question, "Karen is..."
http://mavarin.livejournal.com/40297.html

I'd loe to see who and what Googlism thinks Carly is!

Anonymous said...

http://www.thewatersedge.us/QuickSilver/index.php?showimage=43