Thursday, February 28, 2013

Looking Back At February 2013



I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers
From the seas and the streams;
I bear light shade for the leaves when laid
I their noonday dreams...

~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Cloud"

 It's time to close another month. This February was a mild one in the Bay Area, a fact that leaves me a little sad, and yet grateful for all the opportunities it provided. I enjoy cold February days. One of my favorite things about the winter months is how good a bowl of Campbell's Vegetable soup tastes after I have been outside, working with my camera, on a chilly day! However, the upside to having fewer truly cold winter days, came the opportunity to get outside and do a lot of late winter themed photography!

We had one blast of a cold, snowy storm come through the Bay Area, and it allowed for a leisurely trip up to the top of Mount Hamilton, in Santa Clara county, where snow had blanketed the mountain around Lick Observatory. The snow was so soft, and watching it melt in the trees made everything look like it was covered in tiny diamonds!

The sunsets in February were stunning, and the first of the spring flowers have arrived, much to my delight! All in all I have no complaints! Indeed, I have a lot to be thankful for this past month! The snow. The sun. The cool breezes. The flowers. The warm winter sun. The halos in the clouds. It's all good!

See...



"For me, a landscape does not exist in its own right, since its appearance changes at every moment, but the surrounding atmosphere brings it to life... the light and the air which vary continually. For me, it is only the surrounding atmosphere which gives subjects their true value."

~Claude Monet

On To March...

Mood: Content

~Me :)

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Love the photo collages...what a beautiful February it was! Thanks for reminding us of how much beauty there is around us for those of us who sometimes forget to search for it!