Sunday, October 11, 2009

Miscellaneous Monarch Moments...

From For Ellipsis


"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

-Howard Thurman

The second big trip I am looking forward to, well, at least hopefully I am looking forward to, is my annual ride down to Pacific Grove to see the Monarch butterflies at the Monarch Sanctuary. Pacific Grove is known as "Butterfly Town USA," because each year the town is completely covered in Monarch butterflies! Hundreds of thousands do their over-wintering there, high in the eucalyptus and cypress trees. It's nothing short of amazing! If you live anywhere in California, trust me, it's worth the drive to Pacific Grove to see these magnificent butterflies. Here is a small sample of some photos I have taken in the last few years...

From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis


Aren't they just gorgeous? Wish me luck for this trip as well! :)

-Carly



No comments: