Sunday, April 16, 2006

Remembering Pam

"When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

-Kahlil Gibran

I just reread the email from Nancy, Pam's sister, that said we lost our dear friend today. I am so very sad about that. Pam was my friend, someone I had come to like and love and appreciate very much. She is someone I will NEVER forget. She was someone who cared about people she met, people she hadn't met, and the animals she took such good care of. She had a beautiful heart and soul. I can't even begin to articulate about the hole that her passing will leave in my heart, but I can say that the love and friendship she gave me will always serve as a most gentle reminder of what a gift friendship is. Pam...darlin...I will miss you.

Love, Carly

NOTE: I will be taking a few days off from updating my blog. See everyone soon.

-OndineMonet
"At Peace"
Southern Marin County
Autumn, 2005
Early Evening

6 comments:

ShellyS said...

Aw, geez, I'm sorry to hear that.

Laura said...

I never met her but we discovered through emails back and forth that we were at one point neighbors until I moved east. Her sister's email was truly touching. Pam had a HUGE impact on so may and we are all blessed for it.
I am sorry, Carly.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hang in there, Carly, and take whatever time you need. I'm sure there are a lot of people in mourning tonight. - K.

SolitaryDancer said...

Pam made such an impact on so many people. I am glad to have known her the little bit I did.

{{{{{Carly}}}}}

We'll be here when you are ready to come back.

Deb

V said...

It`s such a huge loss for all of us. Her legacy lives on in everything she shared with us.
Hugs,
V

Anonymous said...

Hello Carly. That was a very apt quotation. I really liked it.