Friday, March 28, 2014

Art About Town: San Mateo "Stilt Walkers" By Dennis Smith


"Stilt Walkers" By Dennis Smith
Leo J. Ryan Memorial Park
San Mateo, California 2009

"Art an love are the same thing: It's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you."

~Chuck Klosterman, Killing Yourself To Live: 85% Of A True Story

Just a short post tonight. I am tired. My Fibromyalgia has been raging all week, and my whole body aches. There isn't much I can do but wait it out. It will turn around again... with rest. Plus, I am not in the best of moods for other reasons. Someone I care about, a pal, is going through a tough time, and there is very little I can do to help. It's a frustrating situation, but time heals all things. In the mean time it's hard to see someone in pain, from hurt feelings, and not be able to help. Life is kinda stupid that way. 

So... it's into the art for me! :) Nothing on earth makes me happier than climbing into art, as a way to dust off the head noise and cares. 

 

This is a sort of repeat. I first posted it back in 2009. I love this piece, it's truly one of the loveliest works of art around the bay! It sits in Leo J. Ryan park in San Mateo. The park itself is absolutely stunning, with a sizable pond, and plenty of shorebirds, but it's also lovely with roses and amazing trees with plenty of shade. Just talking about it right now brings a smile to my face. I must stop by there again, the next time I am in San Mateo.

:)

"One eye sees, the other eye feels."

~Paul Klee

Mood: Quiet

~Me :)

No comments: