Sunday, July 28, 2013

Art About Town: San Francisco "Hard Bop" By John Atkin


"Hard Bop" By John Atkin The Fillmore Center San Francisco

"Sculpture occupies real space like we do... you walk around it and relate to it almost as another person or another object."

~Chuck Close

 

Earlier this month I posted the first two parts of my three part series about a temporary sculpture installation in the Fillmore neighborhood of San Francisco. I will be posting the last of the series soon, but for now I would like to take a look at a different sculpture, which is permanent to the neighborhood, "Hard Bop" by artist John Atkin. The sculpture sits at the Fillmore Center, at the corner of Fillmore and O' Farrell streets. I have become quite fond of this sculpture. My visits to that neighborhood wouldn't be the same without stopping to enjoy it for a few minutes. Abstract sculpture hasn't always interested me, but lately I have come to really enjoy viewing pieces like this one.



What do you think?

To learn more about this piece, and the artist, click here.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: