Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Chasing Autumn

 "It takes a strong man to be with a
 woman full of fire and stars and all of October."

~Melody Lee

Every October, Alan takes me from one autumn tree, to the next, and never laughs as I point at each one and spout the same words, "hey look... a tree!" He loves autumn as much as I do, which is why he proposed to me on a warm, October day, in 1989. As we sat at the restaurant, looking through dates on the calendar, we had thought an engagement of a year would be perfect, as it takes a long time to plan a wedding! We both wanted October 31st, Halloween, as our wedding day, because it's our favorite holiday, but, alas, it was going to be on a weekday, a Wednesday, I believe, so we went with our second choice, October 13th! Perfect! Especially since 13 happens our favorite number!

Some folks might not trust the 13th of any month for a wedding, but I know it was a lucky day for us! It was warm, and the sun was shining so lovely, and all was right with the world! 27 years later, we are more in love now, than we were all those years ago, and that love continues to grow, even as I sigh from autumn tree, to autumn tree, and behave like I have never seen leaves of crimson and cinnamon, and all the other shades that make this autumn sing for joy, and love!Its ridiculous how happy this season makes me, and it's ridiculous how much I'm loved! And it's ridiculous how much I love Alan and autumn, and, well, the leaves!
#24 Leaf Of The Day
October 24th, 2017
Cull Canyon

 Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: