Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Holiday Gifts You Don't Have To Dust


"Everyone wants a Christmas tree. If you had a Christmas tree, Santa would bring you stuff! Like hair curlers and slut shoes."

~Janet Evanovich
Visions Of Sugar Plums

It's the last full day of autumn, and I bet you thought I would be dwelling on it, right? Nah. Donald Trump received his Electoral College win yesterday, so there are bigger things to grieve than the passing of autumn 2016. Needless to say, I am, and probably will be, grieving a lot of things in the coming months, which is why I am just going to let the bitterness of winter absorb the painful feelings, and the sleepless nights. By spring I will be all brand new again, and ready to deal with a steady heart and mind... at least that is the plan.

 I guess we will see.

 But for now, today, we are just five days away from Christmas, and I am enjoying that! The tree is decorated with pretty decorations, every day Mr. UPS brings a gift to wrap, and I have started baking for the holidays! Apple Cinnamon cookies, Chocolate Chip cookies, and Mincemeat Pies! I am probably going to fix a bread pudding or two before the new year as well! Baking cookies for Alan is one of my favorite things to do. He is an amazing husband who loves me... I will never understand exactly why... because he could have done a lot better! Anyway, he does, and for that I am thankful to God and Santa, hell  I am even thankful to the Easter Bunny, just in case he deserved some credit, every single day! 

I was thinking about how happy my husband makes me, when we were at the Tilden Park Carousel about a week ago. The place is all decked out for the holiday, and all the ornaments on the trees reminded me of a Christmas past with my love! I had a great time doing photos, and enjoying the ride back to my lovely Berkeley. It is so gorgeous there, and it was a very clear night so I had a wonderful view of the bay and the city! San Francisco at Christmas time is a treat for the eyes and the soul! Some of the ornaments on the trees at the carousel, reminded me of times he and I have spent in San Francisco during the holidays, so I snapped a few pictures to share...




It's a beautiful holiday season. Our celebrations are small and intimate, but we are thankful for who we are, and our little furry babies! We love each other, and we try treat others the way we want to be treated. More than once this year I have found myself becoming someone I don't care much for, so to a certain degree I will be spending a good part of 2017 learning my way through this new world we are entering. There is no map. There are no classes, so I may not do well, but I will try to do the best I can.

Fair Enough?

If I could ask Santa Claus for one thing this year, it would be for him to help me understand how Donald Trump could possibly be our president? But that's not a simple question is it? Maybe there are some things neither Santa, nor God can bring you. Finding your own piece of mind on our own. I suppose. So, I guess that means I don't really want or need anything for Christmas, but if I do find clarity in a pretty box with a shiny bow, at least it's a gift I won't have to dust!
 Leaf Of The Day
December 20th, 2016

Don't Forget To Come Back Tomorrow 
To See My Last Autumn Photo Of 2016!




Mood: Grateful

~Me :) 

No comments: