Saturday, November 26, 2016

San Francisco... A City. With Windows.

"A photograph can communicate a couple things... sometimes only one thing... very well. The more you try to say with your photograph, the greater the chance that you will say nothing at all."

~David duChemin
Within The Frame: The Journey Of Photographic Vision

It was Black Friday yesterday, so Alan and I took our annual trip into San Francisco! We didn't quite make it to Union Square, but we did spend some time wandering the city, looking at the holiday windows throughout the city all decked out for the season. A couple of the windows really caught my eye because of their style and panache, so I spent some time photographing them.
Sometimes it's not the add on it's own that appeals to me, it's how it looks in a window, framed by the edges of glass, that touches the me in one way or another. Like the one above!

I spotted it in the window of Salon DNA on Sutter street. It was dark, so I did the best I could to capture it in an unusual light. As it turns out it was a  good light for the conveying how it felt to view it. It was very pleasing to the eye, and I might try it again in the daylight sometime, but for now, I am happy with how it came out. San Francisco has some fabulous windows, and they are amazing to photograph by day or by night! 

 Leaf Of The Day
November 26th 2016

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: