Monday, November 21, 2016

A Life Lived In Frames

"Photography is a reality so subtle
 that it becomes more real than reality."

~Alfred Stieglitz

Christmas came a little early. Alan gave me the go ahead to purchase a new camera. Getting out to do some photography had been good for my soul this past month. I had forgotten how much better I feel when I can step out of my own thoughts, and into the natural and real world. There is beauty in the world, and I love being there to document it. There is also a lot of pain in the world right now, and I know I will be there for that too. It will, perhaps, be unavoidable at times. America is about to go through a troubling, dark time. We can hope for the best, but I think we should probably brace for the worst. But we will have time to speak about that later, for now here are the first few images I captured with the new camera...

The camera and I need to get to know each other. It will come with time. So far I am happy with the results. Both photos were taken on a rainy day, which plays with the lighting at bit, and as I was losing the light pretty quickly, the focusing was getting more and more difficult. All relationships take time, and commitment.



That was my life yesterday, lived in frames.

 Leaf Of The Day
November 21st 2016

Mood: Quiet

~Me

 

No comments: