Sunday, October 16, 2016

Plumas County Photo Jaunt 2016

Plumas National Forest

"After the keen still days of September,
 the October sun filled the world with mellow warmth...
 the maple tree in front of the doorstep burned
 like a gigantic red torch.
 The oaks along the roadway glowed yellow and bronze.
 The fields stretched like a carpet of jewels,
 emerald and topaz and garnet.
 Everywhere she walked the color shouted and sang around her...
 In October any wonderful unexpected thing might be possible."

~Elizabeth George Speare
The Witch Of Blackbird Pond 

Plumas... At last!

I have planned to visit Plumas County in recent years, but something always seemed to get in the way, but this year I finally made it back! My last visit was in 2012, and it was amazingly beautiful that year, but yesterday was something completely different! It was a side of autumn that even I haven't seen before, it was breathtaking!

It was really cold, and it was pouring rain, and the wind was blowing hard, but I didn't care! I just immersed myself in my photography, and took it all in like I had never seen, or tasted or felt autumn before. I guess because I hadn't! Autumn leaves are as individual as fingerprints, and as those leaves fall gently to the earth, I know, I will never see them exactly the same again!

The life of a leaf is like that of a butterfly. So brief, their lives are so delicate, and each one is so beautiful in it's uniqueness.The leaf and the butterfly both begin their time on earth so strong, and then after a while they pass away. Quietly. With only a whisper, flutter and then a sigh. And if we are very lucky, we will see one float by on a perfect autumn day! Like yesterday. 

Plumas Gallery 2016





Leaf Of The Day
October 16th 2016





Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: