Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Sweet, Melancholy, November

"October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces."

~J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix

I usually hate to see October come to and end. It's my favorite month. It holds everything I love most. My wedding anniversary, days at the beginning of the month warm and bright. Days at the end of the month with just enough chill in the air to remind me of a favorite sweater stored away. And the nights, oh the October sunsets that turn into long nights sitting with Alan, cuddled on the courch, watching a favorite show. Magical times. But this year is different. October was warmer than usual, because of our move to Stockton. 

This year, the October days seemed to run together. It's a lot warmer out here in Stockton than the Bay Area, and it's going to take some getting used to! But November started with a genuine chill in the air, and I got to see the rain fall on my pool! What a silly sight that was! But the best thing was getting to wear my newest autumn sweater. I bought it over the summer, at Ross in Turlock. It was too pretty not to buy, never mind the fact that it was 105 on the day I purchased it! I knew the earth would eventually turn back to the cold and dark, my kind of day, and that sweater would comfort me, and yesterday, it did. Who knew a comfy sweater could do so much for alleviating homesickness? 

And anyway, how can one night smile,
 with leaves as beautiful as the ones in this post?
Leaf Of The Day
November 3rd 2015
Mood: Quiet

~Me :)  

No comments: