Monday, November 09, 2015

Rainy Day Roses And Cats

"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play.
 So we sat in the house. All that cold, wet day."

~Dr. Suess
The Cat In The Hat


I woke up yesterday morning, to the sounds of rain softly tapping the rood, and my cat Dylan purring as he slept on my arm. He is a complicated cat, but when Dylan tells you are loved, you can believe it because he doesn't lie! He makes me feel like a success because he is very picky about who he trusts, and who he loves. Believe me, you haven't been ignored until you have been ignored by a cat, and no cat is more adept at ignoring than my Dylan. He loves me to the point of green eyed jealousy and allows only me to put him in his cat kennel for those odd times we have to take a ride in the car! He is a complicated cat, but he is worth all the fuss we go to from time to time. He just needs a little more understanding than most. And really don't we all need that from time to time? 

As if waking up the way I did wasn't enough to get my day off to just the right start... I woke up to this gorgeous pink rose bloom in the yard by the pool! Isn't it stunning? I am looking forward to nurturing it along this winter, and planting some new varieties next spring. Roses, and miniature Japanese Maples are on the agenda. Ideally my yard will look like an autumn wonderland next year at this time, but we'll see. There is a lot to come to terms with between now and then. Hopefully we can get some bills under control, and I need to get my homesickness/grieving under control, but in some ways I am already feeling better. With every new amazing autumn leaf I find, I feel a little better. It's all a matter of putting one leaf in front of the last, and moving on. 

Rainy Days and Tabby Cats certainly help!





Leaf Of The Day
November 9th 2015


Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: