Friday, November 06, 2015

It's Autumn, So Let The Baking Begin!

"The measuring and mixing always smoothed out her thinking processes... nothing was as calming as creaming butter, and when the kitchen was warm from the oven overheating and the smell of baking chocolate, she took final stock of where she'd been and where she was going. Everything was fine."

~Jennifer Crusie
Maybe This Time


It's autumn, and there is a definite chill in the air, so what better time for baking? I love cooking in autumn, especially the sugary treats like one of Alan's favorite cookies... Snickerdoodles! I put tons of cinnamon sugar on them, like everyone I suppose, but in my opinion there isn't enough cinnamon in the world. I LOVE cinnamon! Not only is it good for lowing your blood glucose numbers, but it keeps ants away from your home! Cinnamon is truly a gift. I adore cooking with it, and I have about 5 cinnamon brooms hanging on the walls of the new place to make it smell nice! I got them at Trader Joe's here in Stockton. The are amazing, they smell like cinnamon red hots. They are the perfect touch for decorating for the holidays! But back to baking. I think I will be doing more baking this year, then in previous years. It was good therapy to make the cookies. It has me in the mood for all the great treats enjoyed this time of year, and not just the sweet treats, I am looking forward to making quiches and savory bread puddings as well. And soon, Chicken in Puff Pastry! I haven't made that in several years. Creatively speaking, I am doing a lot better, and that can't help but bring me out of the homesickness I am feeling. Every day I am feeling a little more like I am home.

 Leaf Of The Day
November 6th, 2015
Mood: Content

~Me :)

No comments: