Thursday, October 08, 2015

Falling...

"It was a beautiful, bright autumn day with air like cider 
and a sky so blue you could drown in it."

~Diana Ganaldon
Outlander 

It's a little difficult to post a "Leaf Of The Day" project to your blog, if you have an ISP that has issues causing it to go out several times a week. That's what's been happening in my world lately, most recently, Monday evening. I don't know what's going on with AT&T Uverse in the Stockton area, but since I had it installed, about a month ago, the service has gone out several times. I have had 8 repair/technicians in my house in just this last month. They always shrug and say... "I dunno." And as they have replaced the gateway, the DVR box and most recently, yesterday, they replaced the entire line out of the house to the main pole. Hopefully that will take care of the issue, but I think I would like to see a full month, without an issue, before I will breath easily. 

Shrug.

I have to admit, it hasn't been making my current blue mood any less blue, which is why Alan suggested that he and I get out of the house for the day yesterday, and head down to Berkeley. We walked out in the sunshine and cool air of Tilden. I did some leaf peeping and photos by my favorite little foot bridge, and we picked up lots and lots of cheese from the Cheese Board Collective down on Shattuck, in the heart of the Gourmet Ghetto. It's always an amazing treat to stop in there. I will be posting some photos later this week of the cheeses we purchased, because cheese is almost as photogenic as autumn leaves!

It was good for me to get out with the camera, and clear my head a bit. It's been one hell of a year, but ruminating on things isn't doing me any good, in fact it is only deepening the sadness I have been feeling. So, I got the cameras ready, and off we went! Berkeley isn't quite filled with autumn splendor just yet, but there are gorgeous pops of color here and there that just made my heart dance! The trip home reminded me that autumn is here, and it's time to plan some day trips for us to go on. Apple Hill. Lake Tahoe. Carson City, Nevada. Plumas National Forest. Monterey and Carmel! It's all waiting for me and the camera! So, that's what I will be doing the next few days, planning some trips to take during the next few weeks. Our vacation officially begins on Tuesday, which is also our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and I don't want to waste a minute on anything as useless as depression!

Stay Tuned For Vacation Updates!





Leaf Of The Day
( October 6th, 2015 )


Leaf Of The Day
( October 7th, 2015 )




Leaf Of The Day
October 8th, 2015


Mood: Hopeful

~Me :)

No comments: