Saturday, October 24, 2015

Delicious Autumn... My Very Soul Is Wedded To It!

"Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love... that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one's very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very sould is wedded to it, and if I were a bor I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."

~George Eliot
Letter To Miss Eliot
October 1st, 1841

Yesterday was Family Day. A special day Alan and I chose, while we were on our honeymoon, that we thought would be a good day for us to celebrate autumn with the children we might be blessed with one day. We were married on October 13th, and while we vacationing and dreaming about the family we would start, we figured that little ones might like to also have a special day in October that would be set aside to celebrate us as a family. We chose October 23rd. That is also the day that we choose our official pumpkins for the season. Half Moon Bay is our traditional destination for all things gourd, and to relax and just share our love. Well, we were never blessed with children, so we opted to adopt 3 little fuzzy kitties, but since kitties don't really like long car rides to pumpkin patches, we leave them at home, and spend the day together, just he and I. Oh don't worry, we always bring them each cat a pumpkin of their very own, and you'll see their's soon. But Family Day is still about the family we became. Alan and I are happy with how things turned out. We have the love, and the family we were meant to have, and life is really good. We are a mommy, daddy and three fuzzy little boys.

Because of how the past 6 months have gone, I really needed Family Day this year more than most years! My mind and focus has been scattered in 30 different directions. My heart has been broken. My patience tested. But my values have been confirmed in my heart and mind. I am happy about that, and I am ready to move forward, but the sadness taps on my consciousness daily. Still, there are days like Family Day, when the autumn air, and the colors... all the autumn colors... and smells make me smile and lift my spirits so much that all the sadness floats away. Sometimes so fast I don't even know I am in the middle of a giggle until I am doubled over with joy! The sounds, the sights, the sheer romance of autumn heals me. It always has. I hope it always will. And when you add in the love of Alan and my fuzzy little boys, I know it will all be okay. It will all work out. I just have let it.

I just have to remember to trust in love
 and autumn
 and I will be okay.

Sights From Family Day
October 23rd 2015

Different Kinds Of Pumpkins And Delicious Organically Grown Vegetables And Flowers From Half Moon Bay, Ca!




Leaf Of The Day
October 24th 2015
Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: