Friday, March 06, 2015

Whew! That Was A Close One Harrison Ford!

"Give them pleasure. The same pleasure they have
 when they wake up from a nightmare."

~Alfred Hitchcock

Yesterday, Thursday afternoon, CNN broke into it's usual afternoon programing of  generally horrifying events, to bring it's viewers BREAKING NEWS of a specific horrifying event... "HARRISON FORD INJURED IN A PLANE CRASH!" My first thought after seeing the pictures of the downed plane was no, no, nope NO! Harrison Ford does not get to die on me. NO! Like it was his choice to, or within my power to prevent. I can't seem to keep a favorite show on the air, let alone keep all my favorite actors in perfect mental and physical health. But see, I am still smarting over the death of Robin Williams. Now I know, it's completely different. It is. I know that. But here is the thing, life is difficult. Sometimes, really difficult, and when it is, I like to escape into a movie, or a TV show and just get lost in the script. Does that make sense? Of course it does. Who doesn't love a good movie? And when it comes to the movies, who does it better than Harrison Ford? 

Just A Few Of My Favorites...

The Conversation
 (Go See It On Netflix NOW)
American Graffiti
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return Of The Jedi
Working Girl
Blade Runner
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom

And My Very Favorite

What Lies Beneath

I know, the reviews for the movie were mixed, but in general, I like to make up my own mind. There, I said it. Sometimes I think they over analyze a movie to the point that it isn't possible for them to find a movie they would actually like, let alone recommend one to us. Why do folks want to take the fun out of films by over thinking them? Go to the theater. Buy yourself some wonderfully unhealthy bucket of almost-butter buttered popcorn, and a hot dog, and a large unhealthy drink, sit back, and get lost for a couple hours. Let go. Stop nitpicking. Forget you are the smartest person in the theater, and clap at the end of the movie, like I did, at the end of Raiders Of The Lost Ark. When Indiana Jones said to Marion... "Don't look" as the Nazi's opened the Arc Of The Covenant, I didn't look. I heard it being opened. I could tell something BAD was happening, but damn it, Indiana/Harrison told me "DON'T LOOK!" And when Indiana Jones tells you not to do something, YOU DON'T! And I didn't for years after! Then one day, I accidentally saw that part of the movie, when it was used as a clip on At The Movies With Siskle and Ebert. 

Sigh.

I was kinda pissed at Siskel and Ebert for a while after that!

Just kidding. Kinda.

Anyway, I got a little taste today of what it might be like to lose another great like Harrison Ford. It will make whatever day that is, the worst day since... well... in a long time I am sure. I know I will never be ready to let go of those people who made my life better, just by sharing their talents of acting or singing or writing or painting. The arts, and the artists, make life bearable. There is no replacing the uniqueness of it. Sitting here, right now, I can't think of who would have played a better cad in the Robert Zemeckis's film, What Lies Beneath than Harrison Ford. No one could have at once been the right kind of sexy intellectual charmer, loving husband and father, devoted friend, or dedicated researcher, quite like him, and when all that amazing virtue, turned into the selfish, egotistical, maniacal, jackass of a husband, I think only Harrison Ford could put that little extra chill in the performing the character.

That's why I have it on VHS, DVD, and GOOGLE PLAY, so, it can be seen all my devices. It's my favorite escape movie. I have a story about why it's my favorite movie, but I will share that a different time. But briefly, it was released in 2000, not long before something devastating happened in my life, and that movie, and the brief escape it gave me during that awful time, helped immensely. It will always be my favorite Harrison Ford movie, at least until I see him in the new Star Wars film coming out later this year! LOL. Who knows? It my change my mind, Han Solo was always quite the cutie manly man. Shrug. 

You never know about these things, I don't wanna over think it.

Feel Better Soon Harrison Ford!


Mood: Thinking About Stuff, But Good.

~Me :)




No comments: