Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Don't Cancel And Whatever You Do, Don't Leave!

"I used to wake up at 4:00 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness."

~James Thurber

So, about a week ago I had a phone appointment with my primary care physician. Yes, my healthcare plan, Kiaser Permanente, does phone appointments for routine things. I have a couple medical problems that need slight monitoring, like my Type 2 Diabetes, and my Fibromyalgia, and my Hypothyroidism, so, every 6 months or so, I go in for lab work, and then I speak with my doctor over the phone when the results come back. It's much more efficient.... most of the time. Last Friday, my appointment was for 3:00 P.M. and I was ready by the phone. A phone that never rang. Well, I should say, didn't ring at 3:00... or 3:30... or 4:00... at 4:30 I left. I had things I needed to get done, but don't you just know it, the minute I got into the car, and turned on the engine, my doctor called. I decided that I wouldn't take it, because I had to leave, or face an extra hour of traffic on the freeway. When I got to my destination I called my doctor's office, and left the message that I would reschedule a phone appointment, which I did as soon as I got home. It is for later this week, which should have been the end of it, but no, I got a call on Monday of this week, asking me to make an appointment, because Dr (Blank) couldn't reach me on Friday. 

Sigh.

"I know" I said,  "That's why I called you last Friday and made another appointment." And then I spent the next few minutes explaining that it was the doctor who missed the appointment, not I, and that I had also scheduled my blood work for this week. All the ducks, were in a row. And it even sounded like the nurse who called me understood... kinda... that it hadn't been my fault, I simply waited as long as I could, then left. Simple. Right? No, Tuesday, I got another phone call, from the same nurse, who wanted me to schedule another appointment! Holy COW... KACHOO... YES, now I am irritated, with the added attraction of a head full of allergies! "I spoke to you yesterday, I already made the appointment, both for the blood work, and to speak to the doctor on the phone! Do I need a third for something?" "No" said the nurse, I forgot I spoke to you yesterday... I will close this message." "Yes, that would be good" I encouraged. UGG! And you know what the real fun thing look forward to is? Thursday, I will be getting my blood drawn, after my first appointment with my new therapist, and I can't even eat beforehand. Therapist #50.. something... I think. All the therapists are running together. I would have started seeing her last month, but I had to cancel the appointment.

Sigh.

KaCHOOOOOOOOOO!

Mood: Intrigued

~Me :)

No comments: