Friday, February 06, 2015

Brian Williams Lied

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees, and the stars. 
In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul."

~Max Ehrmann

This year, 2015, is turning out to be no more rational, no more explainable, than last year was. Something clicked in me last year, early in the year, as we transitioned from one disaster to another, which made me believe that one day, perhaps midnight on New Year's Eve, everything would suddenly make sense. Plane crashes, gifted people overdosing, police shooting unarmed children. Planes shot down from the sky. Suicide. Not one bit of it made sense to me. NOT ONE BIT!

So, I had a million or so questions, and very few answers. I had high hopes for 2015. As the clock struck midnight, suddenly, everything would fall into place, every question would be answered. How could my thinking be so immature? Of course the answers wouldn't just come to me, or anyone else for that matter. Life doesn't make any sense, starting with each defying the odds of being conceived, and actually making it into the world we share? What was I thinking? NOTHING MAKES SENSE!

I remember when it used to, but then again, I think I recall the same lament from my parents! But when they complained, I took them aside and explained the Walkman to them, and the remote, and answering machines, and VCRs and microwave ovens and so on.

So, I am going to pretend you, my followers, are my children and ask you...

Q. Why did Brian Williams have to tell that stupid lie?

I always liked him.

I still like him. He's human. But now he is a little more human then he used to be.

Mood: Quiet

~Me :)
 


No comments: