Sunday, January 25, 2015

Watching Time

"Time is the longest distance between two places."

~Tennessee Williams
The Glass Menagerie

Is it just me? Has January seemed like the longest damn month EVER to you as well? I think it must be because I am waiting to get rid of this butt hair phone I have. HELLS BELLS. It might also be because of the extreme Fibromyalgia slap-down I have been enduring. I think it must have something to do with the mild food poisoning I got after the first of the year. But seriously, I haven't been out of the house in almost a month, except for some minor errands here and there. Anyway, it should be different next week, as Alan and I have a few ideas for some fun day trips. I just hope I will have the energy to go when the time comes. Sheesh. I had an opportunity to be an extra in a new movie shooting here in the Bay Area in the coming weeks, but had to turn it down because I couldn't guarantee what my energy level would be.

It wasn't the end of the world, and there will be other opportunities, but sometimes it hurts my feelings to have to miss things like that because of a disease that basically amounts to phantom pain. Well, that's not quite right... the pain is there, but Fibromyalgia exaggerates how severe it is. One would think that if you already knew that fact, one could will the pain away, but no, that's not how it works. It's just something I have to deal with, but I sure wish time was moving at a slightly different pace. A photo jaunt next week will help, it always does! In the mean time I have to photograph different subjects close to home. Like personal items that hold meaning for me.

With this post I have decided to begin a new series centered around different time pieces. I like clocks and watches, so much so, that I have a small collection of them. The watch above was a present from Alan. I love it! It's small and feminine and goes with everything in the closet. It's my every day Go To watch. Most of the time I use my cell phone to keep track of time, but when we go out to lunch, or when I go out for something special, it's the watch I use most often. Funny, out of all the time pieces I have, I just keep going back to the same one, over and over. LOL. The one situation when I don't tend to carry a watch is when I am going on a planned photo jaunt, like the one planned for next week. I don't like anything on my wrist while I am concentrating on a subject. It's a distraction. In fact, I don't tend to wear much jewelry at all when I am out with the camera. It's a shame really, I have quite a collection of fun little necklaces, rings and pins. Funny how our taste changes over time. My pretty little watches are just sitting my jewelry box, keeping the other baubles company, ticking along through time without me.
Mood: Happy But In Physical Pain

~Me :)


No comments: