Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Salad Has Nothing To Do With The Words

"Think of your head as an unsafe neighborhood;
 don't go there alone."

~Augusten Burroughs
Dry

This Friday I will meet, and have an appointment with, my new therapist. She will be number 51. Yep, in my lifetime I have had 50 therapists! I am 52, so you can imagine who young I began my adventures with the couch! And keep in mind, I went a few years, here and there, without any time spent in therapy. Sigh. I don't really need it now, I just know that sometimes painful things comeback sometimes, and I feel like it is better to have someone I can touch base with. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I have learned and gotten a lot out of therapy over the years. I have learned to let go, I have learned to not ruminate on the painful times, and I completely eliminated panic attacks from my life! So it's a good thing to be establishing myself with a new therapist, it's just telling the whole story from the beginning that's the hardest part. Fortunately, I am in a happy place, so in a way, whatever got me to here is something to be grateful for.


Now this picture has everything to do with the words.

Mood: Quiet

~Me :)

No comments: