Saturday, January 03, 2015

The Good Luck Of Bad Luck

"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."

~Cormac McCarthy
No Country For Old Men

I believe that quote. Actually, I live that quote! I have learned, in my old age, to not only appreciate the plan B scenario, but to thank GOD for it! So many times, while out with the camera, something will pop up, or get in the way, or just plain cause me to change course away from the picture I was wanting to get. But happily, most of the time I will see something unexpected, something completely off topic that leaves me feeling satisfied as a photographer.

 A sunset with particularly vibrant colors, a roadside memorial, a stray animal, something maybe as simple as a pair of shoes, placed outside a house on Christmas Eve, for Papa Noel. If you haven't heard of Papa Noel, or Pere Noel, go read about it, it's a fascinating variation on leaving out milk and cookies for Santa Claus. Anyway, I really appreciate feeling like someone, somewhere is looking out for me. Keeping me safe, and bringing me new insights I would have missed otherwise. Sometimes you can't plan, sometimes you just have to go with the luck, and hope for the best!

Hey, look at that, I see the word LUCKY. Let's see what it says!
Hmmm... I like that thought. That's how I met my first celebrity, Joe Montana. Alan and I were on our honeymoon, and we got in the car one day and said, "Let's just go with it" and boom, there he was, with  his family, picking out pumpkins at Pastorino's Pumpkin Patch in Half Moon Bay. October 23rd, 1990. It's like it was yesterday. Alan and I still count that among our favorite memories from our honeymoon! I wish I had owned a better camera back then though! LOL.

And now for the lucky numbers on the back of the fortune...

32, 29, 50, 44, 18, 10

Good Luck!

:)

Mood: Happy
~Me :)

Lucky Fortune (Set)
Photographed January 2nd, 2015
10:33 PM
HTC Vivid

No comments: