Saturday, November 15, 2014

I Can't Stop. Don't Send Help!

"It was one of those sumptuous days when the world is full of autumn muskiness and tangy, crisp perfection: vivid blue sky, deep green fields, leaves in a thousand hues. It is a truly astounding sight when every tree in a landscape becomes individual, when each winding back highway and plump hillside is suddenly and infinitely splashed with every sharp shade that nature can bestow... flaming scarlet, lustrous gold, throbbing vermilion, fiery orange."

~Bill Bryson
I'm A Stranger Here Myself: Notes On Returning To America After Twenty Years Away

Yeah, I am obsessed. I can't pass a tree all lit up with Autumn leaves and no gasp like it's some kind of amazing miracle. LOL. I don't know... maybe it is when you consider that leaves are as individual as human fingerprints. Shrug. All I know is that there is something about them that makes me feel amazing inside. Healthy and happy and energetic. It's a big mystery to me, but I don't fear it or fight it. Why would I? It's just life I guess, and the gentlest of reminders that seasons happen and nothing should be taken for granted... EVER! And I try not to, but life get's weird and busy and one forgets, at least I do, usually sometime mid July! But before long comes the odd leaf that just can't wait for autumn to begin, and quietly turns one of the colors that only lives 3 months out of the year, and I reminded that every single second counts. 

I love Autumn so much!

Bear with me a little longer... okay?

Leaf Of The Day

Mood: Happy/Grateful

~Me :)

No comments: