Thursday, October 23, 2014

Vintage Halloween

"I was born on the night of Samhain, when the barrier between the wolds is whisper-thin and when magic, old magic, sings it's heady and sweet song to anyone who cares to hear it."

~Carolyn MacCullough, Once A Witch

I am a big fan of vintage greeting cards. I love the old fashioned artwork and the quaint styling, so this year I decided to have a little fun making my own. When I can I like to base my photography on my own impression of what I am seeing through the lens, not necessarily exactly how the scene realistically appears. I don't do it often, but when I find a scene that reminds me of a favorite painting, I apply extra lighting or perhaps do a simple adjustment of the contrast. 
Mostly I do it with natural scenes, but the other day, while photographing some cute little Halloween figurines, it occurred to me that I could probably create some vintage styled Halloween cards inspired by those wonderful vintage cards from days gone by!
Tell me what you think!


What do you think?

Leaf Of The Day
Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: