Friday, September 19, 2014

Shiver Me Timbers... It's International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

The Hawaiian Cheiftan, Richardson Bay, Sausalito, Ca 
October 22nd 2006
 
"Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate after all."

~Captain Jack Sparrow


I almost missed the observance, if it had not been for Comedy Central's very funny @Midnight and their evening game of #hashtag wars on Twitter, I would have. Last night's #hashtag was #PirateTVShows. If you are unfamiliar with the premise, basically you would choose a TV show, and change the title to reflect the topic of pirates. Here are some I came up with...

1. Don't Trust The P In Apartment 23

2. Make Room For Booty

3. Plunder Woman

Alan and I wouldn't miss playing #hashtag wars. It keeps us laughing and laughing... and that's a good thing for the weary soul. Honestly, that man of mine has the silliest sense of humor! One has to have a sense of humor to put up with me! Life is slowly getting back to normal. It's been a hellish year, and probably the most depressing summer I can remember, but there is only a few more days of this horrible season, and then autumn will make everything all better.

It always does. Autumn never lets me down!

I took the photos of this ship, on one lazy beautiful autumn Sunday afternoon, in 2006, while visiting San Francisco, and southern Marin County. The ship sails from Sausalito's Richardson Bay, into the San Francisco Bay, and show those on-board a good time by participating in mock battles with other Tall Ships. It's a beautiful sight, and listening to the cannon shots is kinda fun too. I love living here in the Bay Area. It's wonderful here. I couldn't live without the beautiful bay! I am so lucky to be able to see whenever I want to.
:)
Alan and I are going on the bay several times for vacation in October. I can hardly wait.
Life Is Good!
Now, in honor of "Talk Like A Pirate Day"

Be gone you skallywags... Arrr ye mateys...

TALK LIKE A PIRATE! 

"To live is to walk beside Death but never join hands."
~Captain Buck "Slackeye" Roberts
~Kai McCarthy

(Marin Scope)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Avast, proud beauty, ye did well.