Friday, September 12, 2014

Respite

"Maybe there's a whole other universe where a square moon rises in the sky, and the stars laugh in cold voices, and some of the triangles have four sides, and some have five, and some have five raised to the fifth power of sides. In this universe there might grow roses which sing.
 Everything leads to everything."

~Stephen King

One last photo from my visit to the Flight 93 Memorial, in Union City, Ca. This is the 9/11 Flight 93 Rose which was created in honor of the men and women who lost their lives that day in Pennsylvania. As a rose enthusiast, I was quite taken by it's beauty. It's dark red in the shade, but bright, vibrant red when the sun is directly on it. It's amazing. I may have to order one next year to add to my own garden. It would be a perfect, permanent, remembrance of the best of humanity.

As you can see, there is a little green and black bug that stopped by for a little respite. I think he looks amazing against the crimson red of the rose. That little guy made me smile. The folks who planned and implemented the garden did an amazing job. It's thoughtful, and serene, yet there are all kinds of little touches that remind on of hope. Like this rose. I am so glad I finally went.

Mood:Good/Hopeful

~Me :)



No comments: