Saturday, September 06, 2014

I am Keeping My Eye On Autumn...

"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in it's sky, 
which through the summer seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!"

~Percy Bysshe Shelley


I was going to post these photos yesterday, but my plans changed. Never mind, I am posting them today! I had a pretty good time last week, while out with the new Nikon camera. Here are some photos of that day. Big surprise, they are autumn themed! :) I decided to visit autumn, and my favorite autumn tree, to finally do what I have been saying I was going to do for ages... document the turning of the leaves, on a tree I love like an old friend!

As you can see, the three is on it's way to making a loud, spicy statement! I love the pinks and deep purples, but you can't be in a sad mood when those crimson red leaves sail softly down to the earth. It always makes me hungry for cinnamon red hot candies. In fact, an autumn three in full party mode reminds me of all the candies you might get at Halloween. 

Red = Cinnamon Red Hots
Orange = Candy Corn
Green = Jolly Rancher Green Apple
Yellow = Lemonheads
Purple = Plum Saltwater Taffy
Brown = Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

I have a sweet tooth that goes straight to my soul.

I can't indulge the way I would like to, but I have found that adding a little bit of cinnamon to my diet does a lot to cut my sugar cravings, and actually helps my glucose numbers. I try to take care of my diet and manage my diabetes, and fortunately I do really good in the summer and autumn. A sweet potato with a dash of cinnamon and a dab of butter... yum... and usually doesn't raise my blood sugar. I have had that for lunch, on many an autumn afternoon. I am happy with a camera in my hand, sitting under trees!

See..

I can't wait to see where how the tree has progressed by next week!

:)

It's not summer or autumn, it's Sumtumn.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: