Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumnal Equinox

"Autumn begins with a subtle change in the light, with skies a deeper blue, and nights that become suddenly clear and chilled. The season comes full with the first frost, the disappearance of migrant birds, and the harvesting of the season's last crops."

~Glenn Wolff and Jerry Dennis

It's here, it's here, it's here! Well, almost! Less than 24 hours! Tonight (Monday night) at 7:28 PM the summer takes it's last breath, and at 7:29 PM we cross over from the season of sadness into the season of healing. At least that's how I feel about autumn... it's the healing season. I live for this season, but more so this year that in any other I can remember! It's not that I expect autumn to do all the heavy lifting to bring me out of the deep sadness I have been in, I know that's my hard work to do, but autumn will make it easier.

 As of September 29th, Alan and I will be on vacation until November 6th! Spending time with him always makes me happy, and we have a lot of new outings for this year that will keep us running, so there will e a lot of new opportunities for my cameras to get a workout! So yeah, I know finding my Zen again will take some work, but if you can't find your Zen in autumn, then you just aren't trying! Right? God I love the light in autumn, it's like the sweetest smile I've ever seen. It's life.

Smiles Of Autumn Pasts


I wonder what will breeze my way this autumn?

:)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: