Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Art About Town: Berkeley... "Expanse" By Artist Carolyn Haydu

Addison Streetscape Project
Addison Street, Berkeley, California
February 12th, 2014 

"In the sky there are answers and explanations for everything: 
every pain, every suffering, joy, and confusion."

~Ishmael Neah, 
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs Of A Soldier

From the awesome and inspiring Addison Street Art Walk comes "Expanse" By Carolyn Haydu. With this piece, the artist reminds us of the great contrast of the sky verses the concrete beneath our feet. I know when I begin to feel the stifling feeling of living in a big city, I usually look up and study the sky and look for shapes in the clouds. I love this piece, and drive by it from time to time, just to remind myself that I absolutely can find the art, because it's all around me, even in the sky!


Mood: Happy

~Me :)


No comments: