Tuesday, August 05, 2014

About 3 Seconds Long


"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you watch them on a screen."

~Anthony Burgess


Okay, so filming is underway in San Francisco, for the newest in the "Terminator" series, Terminator 5: Genesis. It officially began last night at around 10:00 P.M. and was due to film through the wee hours. I am not there, of course, but hopefully I will be able to make it over to San Francisco one day this week, with my camera by my side, to capture some of the behind the scenes fun! Or at least what Craft Services has available for the cast to munch on! 

Watching a movie being filmed is a little like watching paint dry. I have learned that whether there is a snack table for extras or not, always bring your own food. Both times I was promised food in exchange for being an extra in a film, I found that what we were told would be available was a striking overstatement. BYOF! Now, if you are merely watching the filming for the sake of having some fun and getting some behind the scenes photos, you tend to have more options, and there are usually several open restaurants in the general neighborhood that you can duck into. Still, I prefer to eat before I go, or eat after I am finished with my photo taking. But that's a personal choice. When I went to watch Woody Allen film Blue Jasmine, my blood sugar was out of control, all I had was some water and still my BG was over 200. Stress is stress... even the good kind!

This time around the celebrity is Arnold Schwarzenegger, who really doesn't due much for me! Not a fan! I used to be, then he became the governor of California and frankly, he put so many families in so much pain, based on his bone-headed decisions I couldn't even watch his films for a long time. I don't think about how hard things got for us, it's a waste of time now, but I haven't completely forgotten those times either. That would be difficult to almost impossible. But California is on it's way to healing, and it's a much brighter future, so let the filming on the next big blockbuster begin! I wish the film luck! And I am very happy for San Francisco! We need more filming to be done here! Apparently it's pretty easier to work here, because one onlooker described the scene being filmed in the Mission district as only being 3 seconds long! LOL. Sounds about how... ahem... filming with Schwarzenegger would be. I can only imagine, but the mind does reel!

Quiet 

Rolling

1 2 3

And Scene!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: