Monday, July 28, 2014

Vivid





"To be creative means to be in love with life, You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance it's beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, and little more dance to it."

~Osho

I agree whole heatedly that your general outlook on life affects your creativity. When I became deeply depressed years ago, and lost my ability to enjoy life, I couldn't even think about being creative, and yet people around me encouraged me to try. I at first that it was a waste of time, but as it turns out, I was wrong. I took pictures. Dull, lifeless, unfocused, half hearted photos, and it was frustrating because one of my favorite joys in life seemed to be gone, like I had surgery to remove it. In a lot of ways it sent me further into despair, but in that I felt like I had no choice, I continued and I snapped photo, after photo. Then one day, 3 years after the depression began, I felt myself wake up, and I felt life again. And I saw life again. I saw colors and places and objects with renewed interest. Like those things had not existed for a time. VIVID. LIFE WAS VIVID ONCE AGAIN!

I have been feeling uninspired lately, but slowly I have been getting my photography mojo back. This week I am hoping to get out and do some real photography! There are some new public art pieces in San Francisco, and some new gardens that look promising. I may not have my energy as high as I would like, but I have the will and the drive, so perhaps the other will follow. I have to try... right? If the current conflict in the middle east, and in the Russia/Ukraine has taught us nothing in the last couple weeks, it has served as a reminder that life is too short to allow depression to take our joys from us!

Mood: Encouraged

~Me :)


No comments: