Sunday, July 13, 2014

Round Robin Challenge: Words & Pictures: I Try... And Santa Cruz... And Beauty In The World



"Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife."

~Khalil Gibran

RRC: Words And Pictures

Last Friday was a good day! NO! Last Friday was a perfect day! Alan and I took a midsummer week off to just shake off the stress of the last few months. There has been a lot of sadness, with our friend's suicide, and Alan has been working a lot of overtime. As for me, well, I dislocated my shoulder a few weeks back, right in the thick of things, and have been dealing with the pain ever since. But on Friday, Alan and I decided to ignore all of the stress, shake it all off, and go and enjoy the day in Santa Cruz! We did some Geocaching... more on that later... and then had a nice pizza on the Santa Cruz Wharf, and we parked so we could hear the first set of the Macy Gray concert as we ate. We we finished, we made our way down to the beach, blanket in hand, and found just the right spot to watch her second performance at 8:30 PM.

She was nothing short of amazing! Generous with audience attention and interaction, and uplifting in her words and music! She has been one of my favorite singers for years, and it was a little bit of heaven to be able to see her in concert on the beach in Santa Cruz! I did some photography, I did some dancing, I did some singing, and I had a lot of fun! It was just what the doctor ordered. However, in my urge to spend the day away from my problems, I forgot to post my original posting for the Round Robin Photo Challenge, like I promised Karen I would! MY BAD! It is the first time in about  decade that I didn't turn in a challenge post on time, so I hope Karen will forgive me! Karen, my absence was for a good cause, Alan needed the break from life as much as I did. 


Macy Gray... WE LOVE YOU! Thank you for coming to Santa Cruz, and providing a much needed break from all the pain! You are BEAUTY IN THE WORLD!

Santa Cruz, California
Friday, July 11th, 2014






And Now Macy Gray...

 




 
"Music... will help dissolve your perplexities and purify your character and sensibilities, and in time of care and sorrow, will keep a fountain of joy alive in you."

~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Now that you have seen my words and pictures, why don't you pay a visit to Karen and the official Round Robin blog, and join in! There is still time this weekend! Just click the link at the top of this post to be redirected to the where all the fun is!
 
Mood: Grateful
 
~Me :)

2 comments:

fredamans said...

LOVE Macy Gray!!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm glad you two got to get out and have fun! :)