Friday, April 04, 2014

The End Of The Week...



"I am so tired I can hardly type this worfs."

~Lemony Snicket, The Carnivorous Carnival

Okay, I am just going to say it's been a busy week... A VERY BUSY WEEK!

Here is a brief recap of events...

Monday, was fairly uneventful, but we did have some prep to do in order to take Joey to Dr. Barrett's office on Tuesday for his neutering and other procedures.

 

Tuesday...
 
* I didn't sleep well the night before, so when I got up to take Joey to Dr. B's I felt more like a zombie, than a fully functioning human. We went out to breakfast after the appointment, of which I took maybe 2 bites. I was missing my boy too much to eat. We can home afterward, and turned on CNN to see the latest about the missing plane.
 

It was still missing. Still is as I type this.


After the report on the missing airplane, came the testimony before congress of Mary Barra the new CEO of General Motors. It was not pleasant to sit through, considering we still own a 2007 Saturn ION DEATHTRAP. The one good thing about watching her testimony, and learning new details we hadn't heard before, was the fact that Alan finally heard information he needed to conclude that holding onto the Saturn was no longer an option for us.

The decision was made. Time to visit some car dealerships in the area.

One problem... it was April Fool's Day... and it was a DARK AND STORMY DAY! LOL.


Who buys a car on April Fool's Day? Especially during a storm? But all was well. We learned about some cars we liked, and came home and did some emailing to some dealers, and then called it a day! We resolved to begin anew on Wednesday. No worries.

Wednesday...

We heard back from a Chevy dealership in the East Bay. They had the car we were interested in, at the price we needed it to be, so went and took a look at it. It was a perfect fit, and a few hours later we drove our new Chevy Spark off the lot! 

Her name is Blair.

Everything was good! Yay! All except for the the scrape on the I found on the dashboard, that I hadn't seen before driving it off the lot!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Why can't stuff go smooth?

Thursday...

I took a photo of the scrape, called the salesman who sold me the car, and he asked me to bring it into the dealership for it to be looked at. 

Sigh.

I was NOT super happy with the fact that they tried everything the could to come to some sort of compromise, rather than just making it right. A compromise offer here... a compromise offer there. Some of which were downright insulting. NOT FUN! Finally they I told them, that while I appreciated their "offers" I wanted the dashboard fixed... PERIOD!

So, in about ten days, after the part comes in, they will make it right. We will see how it goes.

That brings us to today, Friday. I am exhausted from missing Joey. GM's willful misconduct that could have gotten my husband killed! Having to deal with the new car situation. My Fibromyalgia is cutting me no breaks. It's cold. And I am kinda in a bad mood from all the emotion, but I am sure after a good night's sleep, I will be back to my old self. I just need to sleep.

A good night's sleep. 

Mood: Quiet

~Me :)
PS No. I did not purchase a lemon yellow car. I will show her off in a few days. She's kinda cute. I love her!



No comments: