Thursday, April 24, 2014

Art About Town: Dublin, California "Rise" By Artist Yoshio Taylor


"Rise" By Artist, Yoshio Taylor
Dublin, California (The Shops At Waterford)
April 22nd 2014

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way... things I had no words for."

~Georgia O'Keeffe

I spotted this sculpture the other day while out doing errands. I really like it, it reminds me of an obelisk I saw on a cliff in Santa Cruz, some years back. The obelisk in Santa Cruz, it seems, serves as a marker for the nude beach below the cliffs. The obelisk above serves as a little bit of beauty to brightens one's day while out doing errands or lunching at one of the many restaurants located nearby. Both certainly have their place. 

Thoughts?

:)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

Note: I featured another of Yoshio Taylor's sculptures in a different "Art About Town" post a couple weeks ago. Click HERE to be directed back to that post.

No comments: