Thursday, March 20, 2014

Welcome To Spring 2014 12:57 P.M. EDT



"Springtime is the land awakening. The march winds are the morning yawn."

~Quoted by Lewis Grizzard in, Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I love You

Spring begins at 12:57 P.M. today. Just 3 minutes shy of tomorrow. Odd. But that's Mother Nature's way, isn't it? Everything, including the seasons, are left up to her whim, and she has been acting strange here on the west coast. I can only remember 3 truly cold days, and they were way back in late November, while it was still autumn! It's been unseasonably dry and warm since then, and frankly I am damn tired of it! I want some nice, cold, windy, rainy days. Days when I can curl up with one or more of the cats, under a big blanket, with a bowl of popcorn and a spooky movie on the TV! But instead I am getting relentless, sunny, GOD AWFUL cheerful days!

On the other hand, it's perfect weather for getting the vegetable and rose gardens up and going! There are some big plans in the works for this year. Like I said in a previous post, pumpkins are a new try. I love those little orange heads. Little souls. I know, it's a pumpkin, it doesn't have a human soul, but to be honest, since carving my first pumpkin as a child, when I made the pumpkin's face friendly, I kind of began believing that pumpkins did indeed have souls, as well as full on personalities! LOL. Now, as an adult, I know about how healthy pumpkins are for you, and how versatile they are to cook with, and I believe more than ever that they absolutely have souls!

Call me quirky!

So, as the earth breaks forth with all the colors possible, and everything becomes hopelessly cheerful, I know that spring is just something that's necessary, in order to have healthy happy pumpkin patch come this autumn! So I will smile, sneeze, and be grateful. 

:)

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Happy spring. :-)