Wednesday, March 05, 2014

My Friend Silvia



"Friendship is born at the moment when one man says to another, "What! You too? i thought that no one byt myself..."

"C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

I visited my archives for this post because I wanted to post a photo that had been inspired by my friend Silvia. She's been my neighbor, and pal, for... well... as long as I can remember. She hasn't lived on the property as long as I have, but somehow it seems that see has lived in the cottage in front of mine since before I moved in. She is funny, and nice, has a big heart. She is the kind of lady who lives her life as fully as she can, without stepping on anyone to do it. Unfortunately, when the property we live on sold to new owners a few years ago, the new landlord, in their prejudice, took an almost instant disliking to her... and now she is leaving, having grown tired of the abuse.

The same thing happened to another dear friend and neighbor a while back, and I feel like soon the owners will begin their assault on me. I am a bit more savvy about these things, I don't mind consulting a lawyer if need be, but I would rather not if it is possible. The whole situation is maddening. All so very unnecessary. Silvia and I will remain friends, but I will not get to see her smile daily any more. Maybe not even monthly. She is moving out of the Bay Area to Sacramento. A 2 hour car ride away. Sigh.

I am sad.

I wish I could change the circumstances.

I can't.

To make my friendship with Silvia all the more special, we share a birthday... June 29th.

:(

Tonight's photo comes from the archives of 2008. They are black sunflowers that I planted along the fence my friend and I shared. She always loved them for their individuality.

Mood:Quiet

~Me :)

No comments: