Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2014



"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time... a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."

~Adrienne Cook

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

~Irish Blessing

:) Kiss me, I'm Irish! Well... no not really... but it's a fun thing to consider isn't it? :) Not kissing me specifically, but having a day when you must kiss someone, just for being who they are. I know, I know that is kinda what Valentine's Day is for, but somehow that has gotten lost in all the candy hearts, and Duck Dynasty love greetings! LOL. I have to admit, after seeing those valentine cards, I may never think of that heart shaped made up holiday the same way again! LOL. 

I am not Irish, but I love St. Patrick's Day all the same! I love the cooking, the green clothing, the silly "Kiss Me I'm Irish" buttons, all of it! Halloween will always be my favorite holiday, but St. Patty's day comes close. On Halloween you can be anyone, or anything you want, but with St. Patrick's Day, you can wish your friends all the wonderful things in life that are possible. An action that should be done anyway... don't you think?

It's a nice reminder about how much your friends mean to you, Irish or not!

Here is the original version of the photo above. I took it last year in Half Moon Bay. It was a very beautiful day, and I was grateful for it!



:)

Mood: Happy And Blessed!

~Me :)


No comments: