Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Heart San Francisco



"San Francisco itself is art, above all literary art. Every block is a short story, every hill a novel. Every home a poem, every dweller within immortal. That is the whole truth."

~William Saroyan

Probably one of my worst kept secrets is that I am crazy, stupid in love with San Francisco. I love every single inch of it. I love that you can drive from neighborhood to neighborhood and know you have stepped into a new and different story of the city. I love a slice of warm, authentic San Francisco sourdough on a cold day. I love getting sand beneath my toes at Ocean Beach, and walking the trails at Land's End. I love exploring the amazing public art, but my heart belongs to the Golden Gate bridge. Every time I see it, it's like I am seeing it for the very first time! I haven't done any photography from this perspective, in the Marin Headlands, for a long time, so last week when I was up there, taking it all in, leaving left a small ache in my heart. Like leaving a lover behind.

But I repeat myself... I have said that before... right?

No doubt I will probably say it again.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: