Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Art About Town: Berkeley... "Rondo"



"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."

~Edgar Degas

This is the newest piece of public art in Berkeley. The title of the piece is, Rondo, by artist, Bruce Beasley. Rondo is actually series of sculptures that are sprinkled here and there around the campus. I will have to go back at some point and photograph all of them. The series will only be on display through August of this year, so I have a feeling that this might be a great way to spend a warm sunny day in June, perhaps sometime around my birthday! The Cal Berkeley campus is beautiful, and has many different pieces of art that I will be able to add to my collection of public art photos. It makes me smile just thinking about it!

To learn more about the artist and his art see the following article...

Bruce Beasley: International Known Lord Of The Rings
(The Daily Californian) 

"Every human is an artist. The dream of your life is to make beautiful art."

~Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide To Personal Freedom

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: