Thursday, February 13, 2014

Art About Town: Berkeley... The Poetry Panels On Addison Street



"Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry."

~Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel




I spent the day yesterday lost in Public Art, in and around, Berkeley, a town rich with beautiful pieces of art on display in the open for all to enjoy, as well as gorgeous architecture and natural beauty. But yesterday, it was all about the art, and the poetry panels on Addison street. I had first photographed the panels that line Addison street, back in 2005, but every once in a while I get the urge to return and redo the photos with different lighting and different thoughts running through my mind. It was this particular poem that resonated with me the most yesterday, it left me with a warm feeling of contentment.. I hope you like it.

Spring Harvest Of Snow Peas
By Maxine Hong Kingston

They're taller than me
I taste and eat as I pick along
choose the flat big ones and baby ones,
and leave the bulging pods for shelling or seed.
The purple and Lavender blossoms
and the blue blossoms were above me
and touch my neck.
I stand on the ledge of the box, reach for more,
and remember my mother and father growing snow peas every season.
When she could hardly see anymore, my mother showed me
by feel how to plant 3 seeds per mound.
Every day, enough for dinner, and leaving at neighbors doors.
The birds surround me and eat and sing. I am unequivocally happy.

Isn't that A beautiful Poem?




Mood: Inspired

~Me :)


No comments: