Monday, January 20, 2014

The Things I See...



"An artist's concern is to capture beauty wherever he finds it."

~Kazuo Ishiguro, An Artist Of The Floating World

 

Am I an artist? Well, that's quite debatable. I know I love art, and I get really excited when I know I have taken a good photo. But that doesn't really make me an "artist" does it? Will I ever make a living at taking pictures? Not unless I sell them for stock photos, which don't get me wrong, it's perfectly legitimate thing to do, but when I take a really good photo, one that reaches into me, and brings to the top some long buried feeling, impression or emotion, I know I have done something worthwhile. I don't need all the attention, I much prefer sharing the photos that have made my life richer, right here on this obscure blog no one has heard of. I sometimes count on that obscurity to help me express what I feel day to day. Still, when someone tells me that one of my photos affected them in some way, good or bad, I feel like I did good. I got to touch someone's life by sharing a little bit of my life. That's big for a girl who works hard at holding people at arms length.

Mood: Reflective

~Me :)

No comments: