Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Saw The Light In Your Eyes





"I am intrigued by the smile upon your face, and the sadness within your eyes."

~Jeremy Aldana

I came across this pair of broken glasses, while walking through Golden Gate Park last week. They intrigued me. It was a sad thought that someone had lost their glasses and their ability to see. No seeing the beauty in the park that day, or the amazing waves that are just off the park at Ocean Beach. No seeing the sunsets the Bay Area has been graced with.  I would hate to lose my ability to see, especially if I missed the light in someone else's eyes. I once knew someone who had so much light in their eyes that they nearly blinded me. All I wanted to do was look at that incredible light, even if it did scare the life out of me. Funny how things are sometimes. 

As sad as I feel sometimes, because I haven't seen that light for many years, I am so much better off for having got to see it in my lifetime. I think that is why when I meet someone new, it's always their eyes I notice first. The eyes tell a lot about a person, they share everything sometimes. Sometimes they share too much, but either way, the eyes are indeed the windows to the soul. I believe it completely. 

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

~Albert Einstein

Mood: Quiet
~Me :) 

By the way, it seems that scientists have indeed proven that the eyes really are the windows to the soul.

Daily Mail Online

No comments: