Sunday, January 26, 2014

Great Southern White Butterfly (Ascia monuste) Part II



"I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days... three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain."

~John Keats, Bright Star: Love Letters and Poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne

Sigh. Of all the places, people, and things I have photographed, I think butterflies are my favorite. This little butterfly, the Great Southern White (Ascia monuste) was a newly emerged butterfly, as evident by it's slightly curled wings. What a wonderful day it must have been for that butterfly. The world was brand new, and each time it landed on a new flower, it was a new experience. It must be amazing to see this world, through new eyes.

Smile.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: