Saturday, December 28, 2013

Round Robin Photo Challenge: Lights! Camera! Action!



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how faster travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

~Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

RRC: Lights, Camera Action

And yet another archived photo serves as my Round Robin Challenge photo, due to my computer crashing in November. It's going to take me a while to rebuild my files, so once again my apologies, but to be honest, I am a little happy to be sharing one of my favorite lighting mistakes. I took the picture above at the Tilden Park Carousel Christmas Fantasy, a few years back, and let me tell you, the lighting that night was not being kind. It was one of a very few times when I wished I was still using my 35mm film camera with all it's special lenses. Digital photography is worlds apart from film photography, in that I believe film is a lot more forgiving. But even in all my angst and hard work, I did get a shot I liked, and one that really kind of excited me! While the one photo at the top is clearer and more of a standard photo, the second photo almost seems magical to me. Like all the lights had come alive for a moment, and the star is racing up the tree! I don't know... the mistake photo is pleasing to my eye anyway!

What do you think?

Clear Photo...


Special Effect Photo By Mistake...


Thoughts?

 Now that you have seen my contribution to this edition of the Round Robin Photo Challenges, go see what other participants have posted. Just click the link at the top of this post to be redirected to the official Round Robin Challenge blog. I know Karen would love to see your post!


Mood: Happy

~Me :)

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

That is awesome!uch more interesting than the clear one. Happy New Year !