Sunday, December 01, 2013

Almost The Last Sunset Of November



"It seems there is more interest in sunsets than the sunrises. Perhaps because we innately fear the dark."

~Richelle E. Goodrich, Eena, The Two Sisters

This isn't the last sunset of November, it was almost the last sunset of November. It was taken on November 27th, Thanksgiving Eve, but it was so beautiful, and I was so happy and thankful just to be watching it, that I couldn't help but try and capture it's beauty forever! Unfortunately, this photo doesn't do it justice. It doesn't come close. But trust me, it was beautiful! I love November sunsets, I should really put them on my list of photography goals for 2014! I like sunrises also, and I am hoping to do one this week, with a little luck! I want to try and capture a photo of the Comet ISON. I have seen some photos of it, posted on Spaceweather.com, and it's amazing! ISON is an early riser, and I am not... lol... so we will have to wait and see!

UPDATE: Jeepers, before I even hit the publish button, came the alert that Comet ISON will not be visible to the naked eye as previously speculated. How sad. Well, that settles that! I guess I will just have to settle for the sunsets, and the next full moon on December 17th. December's full moon is called the Cold Moon, which makes perfect sense I think. So tell me, do you enjoy photographing the full moon, or other heavenly bodies? How about Comet ISON, did you manage to photograph it before it had it's close encounter with the Sun? 

There's more to come, so, STAY TUNED! 

Mood: Hopeful

~Me :)

No comments: