Friday, November 08, 2013

New Rex Hotel In Black And White



"Above all, life for a photographer cannot be a matter of indifference."

~Robert Frank

Last week, while driving through San Francisco, I spotted this old hotel sign at the top of a building, on Broadway, where the Crowbar bar used to be. I haven't been able to find out much information about the old hotel, or the building in general. In fact, the only bit of information to be found has more to do with the Crowbar. It seems that in it's day it was quite the dive bar, but oddly enough, it was seems it was very loved. And missed! I like living in the East Bay, but you can't beat San Francisco for all kinds of reasons, the different and varied neighborhood nostalgia being one of them.

If you are as avid a shutterbug as I am, you already know there is a story to be found no matter where you go, even if there is no story to be told. That's what I love most about having my camera by my side, I get to step outside my usual thoughts and interests. Every single day has the potential to open my eyes in a new way!

Mood: Intrigued

~Me :)

No comments: