Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Art About Town: San Francisco Pier 39 Piano Stairs


Piano Stairs By Artist Remo Saraceni
Pier 39
San Francisco, California
October 16th, 2013

"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music."

~Albert Einstein

Of all the public art that I have photographed, the Piano Stairs at Pier 39 is definitely in my Top 5 favorites! Created by artist, Remo Saraceni, who also created the walking piano keys featured in the Tom Hanks movie Big, they are whimsical and really fit the mood and fun of Pier 39 nicely! I had a lot of fun last week, trying my hand, or actually foot, at making music! Sadly, I didn't do well, but I did manage to make a few folks giggle a bit so it had a happy outcome at least! I love public art, but when it also happens to be interactive, it brings the experience to another level to be sure!

"Life is for the live.
Death is for the dead.
Let life be like music.
And death a not unsaid."

~Langston Hughes, The Collected Poems

Visit The Artist's Website: Remo Saraceni

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: