Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Building At Columbus And Broadway



"We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting laundry."

~E.B. White

This building is in San Francisco, and I look for it every time we are in that particular neighborhood of the city! It sits right on the border of North Beach and Chinatown, at Broadway and Columbus, and it's one of those sights that is unique to a big city, as opposed to the suburbs. No matter what day you see it, it will have rows of laundry drying in the windows! Esthetically speaking, I think it's amazing! To my eyes, it gives the building character, and a feel of being in another era! The building all on it's own is a lovely old San Francisco building, another example of architectural art, but with the splashes of color the laundry provides, it just kind of comes alive for me. It's hard to explain, but I love it. It always makes me smile, and I love photographing it! But I am showing you just one element of the building's personality and beauty. It has an amazing mural painted on it, that tells of San Francisco's rich early history. It's quiet special! So much so that I am saving those photos for a different posting. There is so much beauty and history in this part of town that it's difficult to know where to begin, but the corner of Columbus and Broadway is probably a good place to start!

Stay Tuned!

Mood: Inspired

~Me :)

No comments: