Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sausage



"Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don't forget food. You can go a week without laughing."

~Joss Whedon

I don't eat sausage often, but maybe once or twice a year the German hausfrau in me just has to make a pot of mixed sausages and sauerkraut. I think my father probably smiles down from Heaven when I do, and somehow he seems close by, which is a nice feeling. I don't know... it is just that he was always so happy when I embraced my inner German! Anyway, when I saw these sausages at Costco the other day, I kind of chuckled a bit. "Schwarz's Italian Sausage." Okay, I know, I know, but you have to admit, it's kind of fun to ponder what that sausage might taste like. Right? Well, I couldn't help myself, I purchased some, brought it home, and in a week or so, it's going into the crock-pot for one of my semi-annual sausage feasts! I will be putting all kinds of different sausage in the mix, so I will get back to you on how Schwarz's did!

Our vacation is 5 weeks long, so I will be cooking up a storm, so STAY TUNED!

Mood: Happy/Inspired

~Me :)

No comments: