Sunday, August 18, 2013

You've Got Butterflies



"I once read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one. It got on at 42nd, and off at 59th, where, I assume it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake... as almost all hats are."

~Nora Ephron, Delia Ephron and Nikolaus Laszlo, You've Got Mail



Aren't they amazing? I have been enjoying our visits to the Conservatory Of Flowers in Golden Gate Park this summer, very much! They have a bigger variety of beautiful butterflies this time around, and each time we visit it is like we are visiting for the very first time! I can't help but smile when discovering a butterfly that I haven't seen before!

This summer has been a sad one. So many young people lost to the world for one reason or another. I will be so relieved when it is finally gone, and thankfully, there are signs here and there of autumn. It's only a heartbeat away, and I am looking toward it, rather than dwell too much in all the sadness. Life is too short to take up residence in the sadness... just ask the butterfly!

Mood: Content

~Me :)

No comments: